The best utterings of renowned coach and trainer George Morris:
– Distances are like men. Never take the first one you see, there will always be another one.
– Impulsion does not mean running forward. Impulsion means thinking forward.
– One you see a distance, I want you obsessive with straightness. If the horse drifts, he loses power and doesn’t use himself.
– Accuracy is better than speed.
– Every second, you’re either schooling or un-schooling your horse. There is no in-between.
– Don’t copy the people you ride against. You have to do better.
– Dressage is the basis. If there’s something off here, there will be something off with the jumping.
– I didn’t have talent, but I had great ambition. I still have ambition.
To find out how much an indoor arena costs, read our costings guide.
– It’s all about the horse and that’s it.
– It’s about the horse, how to care for the horse, how to ride the horse and how to look after this great animal – the horse.
– At first everything is hard, then it becomes easier, then habitual, and only now does it have a chance to become beautiful.
– Precision, repeat something over and over again, that’s how you get the precision habit. Some people think it’s boring. I don’t.
– This is not rocket science. You don’t have to reinvent the space shuttle, keep it simple.
– You will be rewarded for brilliance. Not reckless brilliance, but natural brilliance. Don’t be sheep.
– Function equals form and form equals function.
To find out how much an indoor arena costs, read our article.
One of the most attractive attributes to a horse is their long wild flowing manes and tail. Each animal has unique hair, yet all as beautiful as one another. However hair on the upper lip in the shape of a mustache is a less commonly known place for horses to flourish hair growth.
Mustaches are common with breeds such as the Gypsy Vanner horse breed, who are known for their gorgeous flaxen coats, flowing hoof feathering and full luxurious manes and tails. The facial hair that this breed sports is linked to the gene which produces heavy growth of hair in other places on the horse’s body.
The Gypsy’s are not the only horses to grow mustaches however, as the gene of hair in horses is cumulative. This means that the more copies of the gene in the animal will produce more hair. Therefore certain horses will have more copies and as a result, more hair. This is a valid reason for why not all horses grow mustaches whilst others do.
The Shire breed is another horse that mustaches are common with. Mustangs and Quarter Horses also grow mustaches to protect them from the cold. Some horses will grow them in winter and shed them in summer as a kind of upper lip winter coat.
Shed Cost Per Square Metre
Estimates can vary wildly for costs when building a shed. Each project is different, and there are various things that influence final price.
We have calculated the average cost-per-square-metre below for some of our main industries. It is very possible that your actual cost will differ, but you may be able to use these figures for relatively simple shedding.
NOTE: These are estimates and actual prices may fall outside of the range. The exact cost per square metre comes down to a number of things, including height and complexity. Projects can differ.
Including: Garages, carports, storage sheds, workshops etc.
Average cost per square metre: $236m2 – $318m2
(Note: Domestic builds have a higher cost per square metre because they generally have much lower square metreage. This cost covers site preparation and erection)
Typical size: 12m x 9m at a cost of $24,126
Including: Hay Shed, Machinery Shed, Grain Shed, Cattle Sheds etc.
Average cost per square metre: $67m2 – $110m2
Typical size: 24m x 18m at a cost of $45,620
Including: Indoor riding arenas, stables, equestrian complexes etc.
Average cost per square metre: $90m2 – $136m2
Typical size: 41m x 21m Arena Cover at a cost of $83,760.
Including: Offices, showrooms etc.
Average cost per square metre: $130m2 – $229m2
Typical size: 36m x 22m at a cost of $122,000.
Including: Factories, warehouses, large workshops etc.
Average cost per square metre: $106m2 – $176m2
Typical size: 36m x 20m at a cost of $76,220.
Including: Habitable Dwelling Frames & Liveable Sheds.
Average cost per square metre: $190m2 – $454m2
Typical size: 15m x 20m at a cost of $57,150.
Including: Ball court cover, learning areas etc.
Average cost per square metre: $99m2 – $149m2
Typical size: 32m x 17m at a cost of $80,130.
Including: Aeroplane hangars & helicopter hangars.
Average cost per square metre: $187m2 – $281m2
Typical size: 18m x 18m at a cost of $70,370.