The best utterings of renowned coach and trainer George Morris:
– Distances are like men. Never take the first one you see, there will always be another one.
– Impulsion does not mean running forward. Impulsion means thinking forward.
– One you see a distance, I want you obsessive with straightness. If the horse drifts, he loses power and doesn’t use himself.
– Accuracy is better than speed.
– Every second, you’re either schooling or un-schooling your horse. There is no in-between.
– Don’t copy the people you ride against. You have to do better.
– Dressage is the basis. If there’s something off here, there will be something off with the jumping.
– I didn’t have talent, but I had great ambition. I still have ambition.
To find out how much an indoor arena costs, read our costings guide.
– It’s all about the horse and that’s it.
– It’s about the horse, how to care for the horse, how to ride the horse and how to look after this great animal – the horse.
– At first everything is hard, then it becomes easier, then habitual, and only now does it have a chance to become beautiful.
– Precision, repeat something over and over again, that’s how you get the precision habit. Some people think it’s boring. I don’t.
– This is not rocket science. You don’t have to reinvent the space shuttle, keep it simple.
– You will be rewarded for brilliance. Not reckless brilliance, but natural brilliance. Don’t be sheep.
– Function equals form and form equals function.
To find out how much an indoor arena costs, read our article.
Building an Indoor Arena
Building an indoor arena requires specialist equine experience and specific knowledge of the horse industry.
Central Steel Build follows a robust construction process that is proven to deliver premium results, every time.
To start off sit down with our equestrian industry specialists so we can fully discover what you have in mind for your indoor riding/dressage horse arena.
We want to know what you imagine, what you need, and what will work best for you. We also start to form a picture of how how we can bring it all together.
2. Site Survey / Inspection
Next we provide a free on-site inspection and survey to assess the suitability of your chosen indoor arena site and to identify any aspects that may become an issue later on, such as site access, drainage, etc.
3. Design & Planning
Our team of qualified arena designers and engineers go to work to design the indoor arena of your dreams. Regular communication during the design and planning phase ensures that the arena blows away your expectations.
4. Building Permits & Approvals
For rurally located indoor arenas we offer the additional service of looking after your building permit as a registered builder. Talk to us to see whether we can look after your building permit for you.
Next the finer details of each individual component of the arena are finalised, drawn up, and sent off to be laser cut for fast and accurate manufacturing.
Your indoor horse arena hits the factory as our welders set to work manufacturing trusses / columns / etc. Our team is extremely proud of the workshop: visit any time of day and you’ll find everything clean, neat and orderly, and safe.
Teamwork is key when your indoor arena is transported and ready for installation on-site. Our installation teams have been doing this for years, and work closely together to ensure your arena is erected quickly, safely and properly.
8. Hand Over
For you, this is the start of forever after, because our indoor arenas are built to the highest standards: we build them to last. We use only the highest quality 100% Australian steel and components. We have one of the most experienced teams in Victoria, and our workshop uses cutting edge machinery and manufacturing processes.
At the end of the day you are in safe hands. We stand by our work, backed by our rock-solid 12 month structural and workmanship guarantee.
You can trust us… we’ve done this before.
Click here to find out how much it costs to build an indoor arena.
Call 1300 955 608 or Contact Us now to start your indoor arena building journey.
Building the Ballarat Airfield
The Ballarat Airfield was a unique project for us. Although we’ve built hundreds of hangars for private aeroplanes, this was our first time building airport infrastructure.
The project came together incredibly well, and we’re happy to have built something that will be used by the flying community for years to come.
See some photos of the project below:
DOWNLOAD: Our Hangabuild Brochure.
READ MORE: How much does it cost to build a hangar?