10 horse facts you almost certainly didn’t know
- Horses have binocular and monocular vision, which means they can focus both eyes on one thing, or use both eyes independently.
- Horse can’t vomit. Their biology doesn’t allow it; the muscles that close off the stomach are too strong.
- The French word for horse, cheval, is the root of the English word chivalry. To be horse-like.
- Horses have 26 muscles in each ear.
- A small indent on a horse’s skin is called a ‘prophet’s thumb mark’ – and is considered good luck.
- The oldest horse on record lived to be 62 years old.
- A 1,100 year old carving of an enormous horse is set into the side of a mountain in Westbury, England.
- ‘Flehmen’ is the term given to the face horses make when sniffing out a new smell that makes them look like they’re laughing.
- The horse’s closest relative is the rhino.
- There are 58 million horses in the world today.
Build a Shed in the Macedon Ranges
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Shed or Garage?
The costs vary between projects.
An average project is a 5m x 12m shed for $24,000. You can see a more detailed break-down of costs here.
Do I need a building permit?
This depends on the size and usage of the building. You can give us a call and we can let you know in a couple of minutes. Our number is 1300 955 608.
We are registered builders, and can take care of all building permits internally.
Have you built other sheds & garages in the Macedon Ranges?
We have! In fact, we’ve built hundreds in the area. You can see a map of our previous builds here.
Can I see photos of your previous work?
Absolutely. The best way to look through photos of previous jobs is to download a brochure.
Do you have any testimonials I can refer to?
Yes, we do. You can see some of our filmed testimonials here.