Victorian farmers and rural property owners all have one thing in common during the hot dry season: risk and exposure to bushfires and grassfires.
Fire is a very real threat to all of us, and awareness has obviously increased hugely since the Black Saturday disaster. But are those of us who are subjected to risk doing all we can to improve our fire plan and preparedness?
One simple method, often overlooked, is to ensure our assets are protected by a steel frame shed. Steel is sturdy and fire-retardant, and regardless of the nature or intended use of the shed, it ensures your assets are stored in a central, landmarked location.
Whether its machinery and equipment, feed or stock, the advantages of having your assets stored under a roof are huge:
1. Should your property become subject to the thread of fire, it’s so much easier to protect a central, pinpointed location and confined area.
2. It is easier for you to maintain the surroundings, keep the grass slashed and immediate area clear of fuel, and ensure adequate water storage nearby.
3. There will be easy access for vehicles to gain entrance to and protect the location in adverse circumstances.
4. Your assets are also protected from the conditions a fire can produce; ash, embers, smoke and heat that can all cause excessive damage. A roof and/or walls offer a certain shield from these elements, and can also help to keep stock calm.
5. Furthermore, a sturdy steel frame and cladding have a much higher fire-retardant rating than many of the older style timber frame and beam sheds that can be found around Victoria.
If you can fit yourself into the group of Victorians that live under the summer fire threat, and are interested in increasing your chances of protecting your rural assets from risk of fire, you can contact Central Steel Build for advice and assistance.
Contact Central for a free consultation, advice on your property setup/possible site location for a shed, and an obligation free quote. 1300 955 608, or visit centralbuild.localdev.highbrow.com.au
We’re here to help protect Australian farmers.
Balancing Great Design With Structural Integrity
A great commercial building needs to combine fantastic design with strength and functionality. We’re always happy to see what our clients do with their buildings after we’ve handed them over. That’s when the project really becomes complete.
This client installed some subtle wood panelling to give the building a little bit of extra style, and it worked wonderfully. The first impression that customers get when entering the building is important, and this building makes sure that the opportunity doesn’t go to waste.
We’re able to work with our clients to ensure that the structural components of the building match all of their design ideas down the road. We love working with a client who has a unique and clear vision. Flexible, high quality buildings are our speciality and any design you can dream of, our engineers can find a way to construct.
Finding the balance between a great design and a sturdy, functional building is worth the time it takes. Projects always turn out best when extra effort goes in, especially when you’re building a space for your business.
See you at Lardner Park, near Warragul for Farm World 2017!
We’re going to have a stall at the 2017 Farm World expo.
If you’re in the area, drop by & say hello – tickets are $20 and there are going to be over 800 exhibitors.
Make sure you grab a free bottle of water and Central Steel Build straw hat!
WHEN:Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April.
HOW MUCH: Tickets are $20 for a day pass (or $18 if you buy online), $30 for a 2 day pass, and $55 for a full pass.
WHERE: Lardner Park, 155 Burnt Rd, Lardner, VIC. (15 minute drive from Warragul).
CENTRAL STEEL BUILD: You’ll be able to find us on North-South Street. We’re near the Working Sheep Dog Trial Area.
MORE INFORMATION: For more details, including how to buy tickets online, visit the Farm World website.