What do you do with an old saddle that you’re ready to retire?
From decor to playgrounds, there are plenty of creative ways to use old horse saddles.
Take a look at our ideas below:
1. Turn Them Into Bar Stools.
2. Cut it in half an mount it in a frame.
3. Turn it into a decorative lamp.
4. Decorate your mailbox with it.
5. Get two and make them into a see-saw.
6. Suspend it with some chains or rope to make a swing.
7. Mount it onto a wall to hide a plant pot.
8. Mount it onto a wall as a multi-purpose rack.
9. Add some legs and turn your saddles into chairs.
10. Use some plywood to turn your saddle into a rocking horse.
Read more: 16 Equestrian Tips, Tricks & Great Ideas.
Courtyard-Style Equestrian Stables in Romsey, Victoria
An absolutely stunning collection of perfectly finished stables. This building combines our steel frame with excellent wooden doors and some fantastic brickwork.
Finished with some lush grass, this is an unforgettable build.
See the photos below:
Find out more about our equestrian facilities here.
How to build a covered horse arena – Things to consider
1. What kind of arena do you want to build?
There are a variety of ways to build a covered riding arena. What you ended up going with often comes down to the costs, which vary from a half-cover to a fully enclosed indoor arena with attached stables.
Let’s look at some of the different options below.
Open indoor riding arena
Enclosed indoor riding arena
Indoor riding arena with attached stables
2. Where will you place your arena?
Making sure you have a suitable space is important.
You need easy access, access for vehicles, drainage and you should avoid placing it in windy areas (particularly if your cover has side walls).
It’s also worth considered how it will look. A well placed arena can look excellent, as below:
A well placed arena can also make use of existing features, as this one makes use of the trees as a wind barrier.
3. Who are you going to build with?
Finding a suitable company requires some research. It’s worth looking for a company with local experience, positive testimonials and project management. (You can find a map of our builds here and video testimonials here. Call us on 1300 955 608 to arrange an inspection).
If possible, ask the builder if you can arrange to inspect an arena cover they have previously built. A good builder will arrange this for you.
4. Will you also build stables?
If you’re ready to go all-out, it’s worth considering a combined indoor/stable complex.
These are magnificent structures will ad value to your property. They’re function and sophisticated, everything a horse lover could possible dream of. You can see a brochure of combined stable/indoor models here.