Hanging treats can be great for giving your horse something interesting and tasty to do when they’re stuck in a small barn.
This recipe is super easy and your horses will love it.
Ingredients: 1 cup of flour, 2 cups of molasses, 500 grams of grain, half a cup of raisins.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Mix together until the grain is even covered.
- Let the mixture stand for an hour so the moisture of the molasses soaks into the grain.
- Pack the mixture into trays or roll into firm bowls. Use a chopstick to poke a hole through treat.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool. You can now thread twine through the treat and hang them up.
Keep it interesting: If there’s a flavour you know your horse loves, add it to the mixture. Some grated apple or carrot will give your treat an extra hit of flavour.
To see some of the best Australian indoor arenas: download a brochure.
FREE CUSTOM FIRE PIT WITH EVERY ORDER
CLAIM YOUR FREE FIRE PIT
For the next two months, we're giving away free custom fire pits with anyone who puts in an order for a farm shed.
Choose from the three available designs below and we'll deliver your fire pit with your shed.
GET A QUOTE FOR YOUR NEXT PROJECT.