Quincy, a beautiful 11 year old quarter horse, was highly trained for a very specific role in the US military.
It was his job to pull the coffins of deceased soldiers.
There was no rider, Quincy, along with another horse, were trained to pull the coffin alone. The horses that performed this task were part of the Caisson Platoon.
But after a life of honourable service, he developed lameness in his front feet and had to retire.
He was known to be ‘loving and enthusiastic towards visitors and especially children,’ and there were concerns that Quincy would miss the work he had spent his life doing.
The vetting process was intense, with an expert level of knowledge in horse welfare required by the adopter.
Quincy has since found a new home and can live the rest of his days in leisure.
READ MORE: Why Are The Dressage Letters A K E H C M B F
Manufacturing Steel Sheds in Kyneton
Central Steel Build is located in Kyneton, where our sheds are manufactured on site. We only use Australian steel which is brought to our branch and transformed into components of jobs ready to go out on site to be constructed.
We use a design to completion process, in order to relieve the stress from our clients and ensure the job flows smoothly from start to finish. The process consists of several different stages of which are listed below.
- The client receives a customized quote after talking to one of our sales consultants who is trained specifically in the industry under which the build lies.
- After finalizing the quote the building is engineered and designed specifically in house by our drafting team.
- Once the design and engineering is completed the build’s components in our factory located in Kyneton.
- These components are then sent away to be hot dipped galvanized.
- Finally the components are taken to site and constructed by one of our installer teams.
A project manager assigned to your job will oversee the whole process to ensure no problems are incurred along the way. We strive for complete satisfaction in our clients, sticking to deadlines and ensuring this process is as easy and painless as possible.