1. FPT University, Vietnam.
An incredible building that is as much plant as it is stone, this university almost looks like it’s been taken over by trees.
The balconies are designed to give light to plants which will eventually grow into the building.
2. Sydney University Business School.
Designed by the controversial architect Frank Gehry, this building is affectionately nicknamed the ‘Crumpled Paper Bag’. The building characteristically plays with form and expectation.
3. The United States Airforce Academy.
The building itself is reminiscent of the functional, streamlined airplanes the cadets learn to fly inside & the repeating pattern calls to mind entire fleets and the collective force of the US airforce.
4. The Library of the University of Mexico.
This incredible building is fascinating to anyone who sees it. Decorated in intricate, native designs, the building is an art piece that connects its inhabitants to their history.
5. Tokyo Mode Gakuen Building.
Nicknamed ‘The Giant Cacoon’ for obvious reasons, this building was the winner of a contest that asked for building designs that were not rectangular.
6. The New School, New York.
Balancing the requirements of modern architecture with the class of Manhattan, this building manages to be new yet sophisticated. Digital-inspired, but respectful of its context.
7. School of art, design and media, Singapore.
This environmentally-friendly building reduces its footprint in more ways than one, blending into its surround and encouraging people to make use of the green space it offers.
8. Art museum, University of Minnesota.
Another twisted wreckage by Frank Gehry, this museum is as disjointed and incoherent as the collection of artefacts housed inside.
9. The entire campus of the Colorado Boulder University.
Nestled into the mountain ranges of Colorado, this beautiful campus has a coherence that makes it feel like one big village.
10. Cambridge University’s Faculty of History.
A masterwork of modernism, the sleek, factory-like design of this building makes it one of the best examples of modern, minimalist architecture.
CONNECT: Central Steel Build on Facebook.
Cost to Build A Metal Barn
How much does it cost to build a metal barn?
Metal barns can be a great investment; they offer more storage space and they look great.
Whether you’re after an Aussie-style barn or an American Barn, we have you covered. Each job is different, so for an exact figure you might want to get a quote (we answer within 24 hours).
For an estimate of how much your barn might cost, see below:
Small to medium barns
A small to medium barn includes anything with a floor area up to 10m x 10m. These can be used for storage, workshops or car parking.
Smaller stable barns are often used for horses, and these can cost as little as $20,000.
Cost range: $20,000 – $30,000
Taking a step up in size will bring you into the next cost bracket. Medium barns range in size, up to 29m x 12m.
Cost range: $30,000 – $55,000
Very large, industrial barns can cost as much as $200,000.
These range in size up to 61m x 27m and are large buildings. We’ve had clients build barns with indoor riding arenas inside them, and we’ve had clients building industrial dairy barns.
Cost range: $55,000 – $200,000
Top 10 Farm Stories in a Sentence
- 1. Sheep at a second farm in North-West Victoria have died of anthrax, following similar occurrences on a Swan Hill farm. It has not yet spread to humans.
- 2. The majority of new farming debt is going towards expanding existing farms, sparking concerns that young farmers will find it difficult to break into the market.
- 3. Indoor farming is becoming increasing possible, with LED lighting costs dropping by 90 per cent and doubling their lifespan.
- 4. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that by the end of this financial year, Australian farm production will hit a record gross value of $63.8 billion.
- 5. Glencore Grain hosted a three day tour for a Japanese liquor company looking to improve commercial relations with Australian grain exporters.
- 6. Entrepreneur-billionaire Elon Musk has said that he would consider building a 100 megawatt solar electricity farm in South Australia in 100 days, prompting the SA Premier and Prime Minister to scramble to accept the offer.
- 7. A Chinese company has claimed they are soon to purchase Australia’s biggest avocado farm for $192 million. The farm itself, however, has refuted the claims, saying they are still arrange sale and are still considering Australian buyers.
- 8. Leftover brewer’s grain used by major beer manufacturers is being fed to cows to increase milk productivity, also saving dairy farmers money.
- 9. More than 87% of Queensland is officially in drought, with warnings that circumstances are likely to worsen before being alleviated.
- 10. A series of Australian-style butchers are gaining popularity in China, with four shops already open & 16 more in planning. The stores import and sell 100 tonnes of Australian beef a month.