- You can’t be afraid of the power. You need to use it.
- I went in there and I thought – you know what, I can do this.
- You have to be brave as a rider. You have to see how far you can go.
- Every transition you ride at home has to be a good one.
- If you make a mistake, you’ve got to correct it straight away, not leave it until you’re half-way around the arena.
- I get fan mail every day and people telling me how I’ve inspired them to pick up riding – I think oh, poor husbands!
- You keep going, don’t you. You always want to do better.
- You always learn small things from each person, just by watching. Everybody does everything slightly different.
On hard work
- It’s all hard work and there’s no getting away with anything, I can promise you.
- Every horse is different. I love getting to work out a horse, its personality, the way it thinks, its sensitivity, everything!
On understanding a horse.
- Trying to figure out a horse is like a puzzle – bit by bit you build it up and its so rewarding when you get to that top level.
Cost to build a hangar
How much does it cost to build an aeroplane hangar?
The average hangar costs $68,166. This cost is in Australia dollars, and cover the kits cost only.
Installation will cost approximately 26% extra. The concrete slab will cost approximately $110 per square metre.
Every job is unique, and the best way to answer this question is to get a quote.
Below we will give you estimates based on jobs we’ve done in the past and the general range of cost.
Small to medium hangars
Small to medium hangars can hold one aircraft. At the upper end of this range, you’re likely to have a floor area of approximately 12m x 15m.
Kit Cost range*: $35,000 – $50,000
*This price does not include erection or site preparation.
Medium hangars can hold multiple aircraft and often have space for extra storage or workshops. These can go up to 18m x 21m in floorspace.
Cost range: $50,000 – $80,000
Large hangars include room for multiple aeroplanes, accommodation and office space. These are often more than a single building, and can incorporate observation towers and other airport structures.
Cost range: $80,000 – >$130,000