1. Rain affected towns in Victoria are holding council meetings to prepare for even more rain, with a band on the north east of the state set to hit again.
2. A review of lifestock farming has found that the biggest concerns for animal welfare are forcing premature births in dairy cows, docking heifers’ tails & mulesing sheep. They are looking to balance the benefits and risks of each.
3. A recent survey found that the 128,000 Australian farm businesses feed approximately 60 million people worldwide, including 24 million Australians. That a total of about 1% of the entire world being fed with Australian-farmed produce.
4. Contestants of the show Farmer Wants A Wife have said that the show ‘ruined their life’, with one farmer hospitalised after struggling to cope with the experience.
5. A bomb that went of in a rich New York neighbourhood, injuring 29 people, is being considered an ‘act of terror’ but has not been connected with ISIS.
6. Bourke, NSW has one of the highest rates of crime in Australia. To combat this problem, they are aiming to spend more money on community-building, rather than the prisons and correctional facilities that are most often employed to solve the problem.
7. The Port of Melbourne has been sold by the Victorian government for $9.7 billion – most of it will go towards improving public transport but $200 million will go to a rural jobs fund.
8. Calls have been made to ban the ATA 5-shot semi-automatic shotgun after a farmer suffered brain damage when his gun exploded sideways during routine shooting.
9. A Brisbane bug breeder is selling predator mites that kill smaller mites that damage strawberry crops and have an immunity to chemical pesticides.
10. A farmer in WA is using a drone that emits bird of prey noises from a speaker to scare birds away from his crops.
Build a Stable Barn
Looking to build a stable barn for your horses?
We’ve collected everything you need to know: price, permits & styles.
How much does a stable barn cost to build?
The average cost to build a stable barn is $47,803.
They can range in cost from $17,000 – $200,000, depending on size and complexity. For an exact quote within 24 hours, click here.
Do I have to contact my local council?
There are usually council permits involved when building stables or other equestrian facilities. The requirements are simple if the building is private use, and slightly more complex if you intend to operate a business from them.
Your builder may handle permits internally, allowing you to avoid the processes and difficulties. This is the case with Central Steel Build – all permits and regulations are handled on behalf of the client.
What kind of stable barn should I build?
There are a variety of different style & designs you can choose for your stable barn.
Popular options are the American and the Australian style barns (read more about the difference here)
You can also take a look at a brochure of different styles to get a sense for what’s available.
Alternatively, take a look at some of the photos below for ideas. A good builder will be able to work with your vision to build exactly what you want.
10 Cutest Foals Ever
Tiny little foals are pretty much the most adorable things on the planet. We’ve put together a little list of the ultimate, cutest photos of young foals ever.
Also, we couldn’t quite help ourselves; there are some baby donkeys in there too. So cute:
READ MORE: Cute kids and their horses.