Top 10 Farm Stories in a Sentence
- 1. Sheep at a second farm in North-West Victoria have died of anthrax, following similar occurrences on a Swan Hill farm. It has not yet spread to humans.
- 2. The majority of new farming debt is going towards expanding existing farms, sparking concerns that young farmers will find it difficult to break into the market.
- 3. Indoor farming is becoming increasing possible, with LED lighting costs dropping by 90 per cent and doubling their lifespan.
- 4. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that by the end of this financial year, Australian farm production will hit a record gross value of $63.8 billion.
- 5. Glencore Grain hosted a three day tour for a Japanese liquor company looking to improve commercial relations with Australian grain exporters.
- 6. Entrepreneur-billionaire Elon Musk has said that he would consider building a 100 megawatt solar electricity farm in South Australia in 100 days, prompting the SA Premier and Prime Minister to scramble to accept the offer.
- 7. A Chinese company has claimed they are soon to purchase Australia’s biggest avocado farm for $192 million. The farm itself, however, has refuted the claims, saying they are still arrange sale and are still considering Australian buyers.
- 8. Leftover brewer’s grain used by major beer manufacturers is being fed to cows to increase milk productivity, also saving dairy farmers money.
- 9. More than 87% of Queensland is officially in drought, with warnings that circumstances are likely to worsen before being alleviated.
- 10. A series of Australian-style butchers are gaining popularity in China, with four shops already open & 16 more in planning. The stores import and sell 100 tonnes of Australian beef a month.
Hay And Machinery Sheds
Central Steel Build has been constructing farm sheds and buildings since 1975. With over 50,000 builds under our belt, we’re the best and the most reliable option available.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Hay Shed?
Every project is different, and we can give you an exact quote within 1 working day if you give us a call on 1300 955 608. The estimates below are a general guide:
Sheds and Garages Kit Cost $3,500 – $28,000
These range from a single car garage to a large fully lock-up workshop.
Sheds and Garages Permit Cost Approximately $900
Plus warranty insurance of $750 if the job is worth over $12,000. (Central Steel Build is a registered builder).
Sheds and Garages Footing Costs $400 – $1900
This includes concrete and digging.
Sheds and Garages construction costs $1,200 – $9,000
Includes scissor lift and crane hire if required.
Sheds and Garages Concrete Slab Cost Approximately $70 – $80m2
This is 100mm thick 25mpa reinforced with black plastic membrane. This has no allowance for site works and is dependent on client providing a laser levelled, crush rocked (50mm), and accessible site.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Machinery Shed?
Where has Central Steel Build built before?
Below is a map of some of our recent builds.
Can you travel?
Depending on the scale of the job, it’s likely we will be able to travel. We’ve done work right across Australia, and are willing to travel if the work necessitates it.
What kind of sheds do you build exactly?
Absolutely all kinds. We do grain sheds, fodder sheds, hay sheds, machinery sheds. We do storehouses, we do bull riding rings, equestrian rings.
We also do all sizes, with our biggest job being the Hamilton Sale yards.
Can I see some of your work?
Absolutely. You can download a brochure of our farm buildings, which details all aspects of our rural structures. (We recommend this – the photos are excellent).
Alternatively, you can look through the gallery below:
Download the FarmaBuild brochure here to see more.