- 1. Sheep at a second farm in North-West Victoria have died of anthrax, following similar occurrences on a Swan Hill farm. It has not yet spread to humans.
- 2. The majority of new farming debt is going towards expanding existing farms, sparking concerns that young farmers will find it difficult to break into the market.
- 3. Indoor farming is becoming increasing possible, with LED lighting costs dropping by 90 per cent and doubling their lifespan.
- 4. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that by the end of this financial year, Australian farm production will hit a record gross value of $63.8 billion.
- 5. Glencore Grain hosted a three day tour for a Japanese liquor company looking to improve commercial relations with Australian grain exporters.
- 6. Entrepreneur-billionaire Elon Musk has said that he would consider building a 100 megawatt solar electricity farm in South Australia in 100 days, prompting the SA Premier and Prime Minister to scramble to accept the offer.
- 7. A Chinese company has claimed they are soon to purchase Australia’s biggest avocado farm for $192 million. The farm itself, however, has refuted the claims, saying they are still arrange sale and are still considering Australian buyers.
- 8. Leftover brewer’s grain used by major beer manufacturers is being fed to cows to increase milk productivity, also saving dairy farmers money.
- 9. More than 87% of Queensland is officially in drought, with warnings that circumstances are likely to worsen before being alleviated.
- 10. A series of Australian-style butchers are gaining popularity in China, with four shops already open & 16 more in planning. The stores import and sell 100 tonnes of Australian beef a month.
Indoor Arena Ideas and Budgets
Indoor riding arenas can range from small to large, depending entirely on what you are wishing to build. All our sheds are custom as we work around you and your needs to transform your dream construction into a reality. Below are some ideas according to a range of budgets of past riding arena jobs to give you an idea of what your arena could look like.
Small to medium indoor arenas
Smaller Indoor arenas cover anything up to a 30m x 21m arena. A project of this scope is guaranteed to include a roof cover and your specified size of riding arena. The cost range of this jobs extend from $10,000 to $50,000. These images below show different designs of smaller indoor arenas we have built in the past.
Medium indoor arenas
Medium sized Indoor arenas cover constructions up to 60m x 21m. These projects are usually large enough to cover a full-sized riding arena. The cost range of these indoors’ is $50,000 to $100,000. Below we show you a series of past projects that fit into this category.
Large indoor arenas
These projects are mostly combined indoor arenas and stables complexes. Such constructions can include clients such as higher end private-use arenas to industrial and public arenas. The budget for this range averages from $100,000 to $400,000.
Boneo Park and Tapcorp Park have both used us for the construction of an industrial indoor arena as shown below.
This project illustrates a private indoor arena within the larger range.