Is this the world’s most handsome horse?
The world seems to have voted ‘yes’ – this horse has more than 50,000 followers on Facebook and has even appeared on The Colbert Show (video below).
The horse’s name is Frederik the Great, a suitably noble, grand name for a horse that is nothing less.
His flowing locks and jet-black coat have caught the attention – not just of the equestrian scene, but the entire world.
Take a look at the gallery below and make up your own mind.
Is Frederik really the world’s most handsome horse?
READ MORE: A mother sticks by her sick foal.
DOWNLOAD: Ideas & inspiration for private indoors.
Top 10 Farm Stories in a Sentence
- 1. Sheep at a second farm in North-West Victoria have died of anthrax, following similar occurrences on a Swan Hill farm. It has not yet spread to humans.
- 2. The majority of new farming debt is going towards expanding existing farms, sparking concerns that young farmers will find it difficult to break into the market.
- 3. Indoor farming is becoming increasing possible, with LED lighting costs dropping by 90 per cent and doubling their lifespan.
- 4. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that by the end of this financial year, Australian farm production will hit a record gross value of $63.8 billion.
- 5. Glencore Grain hosted a three day tour for a Japanese liquor company looking to improve commercial relations with Australian grain exporters.
- 6. Entrepreneur-billionaire Elon Musk has said that he would consider building a 100 megawatt solar electricity farm in South Australia in 100 days, prompting the SA Premier and Prime Minister to scramble to accept the offer.
- 7. A Chinese company has claimed they are soon to purchase Australia’s biggest avocado farm for $192 million. The farm itself, however, has refuted the claims, saying they are still arrange sale and are still considering Australian buyers.
- 8. Leftover brewer’s grain used by major beer manufacturers is being fed to cows to increase milk productivity, also saving dairy farmers money.
- 9. More than 87% of Queensland is officially in drought, with warnings that circumstances are likely to worsen before being alleviated.
- 10. A series of Australian-style butchers are gaining popularity in China, with four shops already open & 16 more in planning. The stores import and sell 100 tonnes of Australian beef a month.
Everything you need to know about Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy.
What is it?
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, or ‘EAP,’ is a form of psychological therapy that makes use of horse and the human-horse relationship as a tool for psychological therapy.
It has been used to help people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, people with self-confidence and anxiety issues, anti-social issues and other mental health issues.
How does it work?
EAP involves having clients interact with horses and developing a working relationship. For clients with specific psychological challenges, the relationship to the horse is used as a model to explore specific difficulties and help the client overcome internal challenges.
EAP is conducted in sessions, and these sessions move at a pace that best benefits the client.
How can I become a client?
EAP practitioners offer individual sessions, group sessions and workshops. Prices vary between offerings and between practitioners, but an hourly rate can be as much as $240 per hour.
Is it effective?
EAP is relatively new, but the majority of research finds that it is linked with positive outcomes for clients, especially children.
How can I become a practitioner?
The Equine Psychotherapy Institute offers two courses, each involving foundational training of 126 hours, and advanced training of 240 hours.
- For people who are already registered psychotherapists, psychologists, mental health nurses or other mental health practitioners, a course is offered which qualifies the student as an Equine Psychotherapy Practitioner.
(Become a mental health professional usually takes about 6 years; 3 in undergraduate, 1 in honours and 2 in masters)
- For people passionate about horses, but with no psychology qualifications, a course is offered which qualifies the student as an Equine Learning Practitioner, but not a therapist.
Each course involves thorough training, including the submission of papers and completion of exams.
To find out how much a private indoor arena would cost, read the article.