$1M - $1.1M
On-site build time
108m x 30m x 7m and offices
Concept Y Architects
Wettenhalls Regional Express
Wettenhalls Regional Express is a freight company located in Altona, Victoria that boasts a fleet of over one hundred vehicles always on the move.
The freight company needed to build an outstanding new logistics depot that included an integrated cross dock and warehouse, a modern maintenance workshop, truck wash and office space. The building needed to be purpose built and designed for future expansion.
Our scope and build details
- Structural steel drawings, engineering certification and computations.
- Structural concrete engineering including raft slab design for office.
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Cantilever canopies
- Office structure.
- Mezzanine floor.
- Structural framing to accommodate Alucabond.
- Architectural feature framing.
- Glazing support beams.
- Roller shutters motorised.
- Box gutters.
Challenges and solutions
The Wettenhalls office building required close attention to detail to ensure the structural drawings connected smoothly with working drawings of the structure. Throughout the design process we worked with Wettenhalls to come up with the best solution for their inwards goods and dispatch areas. The solution was to include twin cantilever canopies on each side of the building. Collaborating closely with the client's architect, we designed and delivered a seamless construction finish on-site.