1. The NASA Vehicle Assembly Building.
The doors of the building alone are 139 metres tall and allow entire spaceships to be built under cover.
2. The Meyer Werft Dockhalle 2.
Used to build cruise ships, this enormous space looks like it could fit an entire city inside it.
3. The Aerium.
This huge structure was built during World War II in Germany to construct and store airships. It was later bought and re-purposed – a tropical theme park was built inside it.
4. Jean-Luc Lagardere plant.
This factory is designed specifically to build airbuses – the largest commercial airliners. It is large enough to build 8 airbuses simultaneously.
5. Boeing Factory.
Another aeroplane factory – this is larger than three sports stadiums side by side.
6. Lauma Fabric Factory.
Insured for $85 million euros, this factory was built in Latvia in 1965 to produce fabric for underwear.
7. The Tesla Gigafactory.
This gigantic solar panel electrical station aims to harvest enough electrical energy in a year to power half a million Tesla cars.
8. The Stetson Hat Factory.
Operating in the early 1900s and producing only hats, this huge factory seems to defy modern production industries. Over five thousand men and women were employed here.
9. Mitsubishi Motors, North America.
This facility combined production, design, research & development under a single, enormous roof.
10. Belvidere Assembly plant.
An assembly plant owned by Chrysler, this is another factory that pumps out thousands of cars – and make use of an unfathomably large floor area to do so.
CONNECT: Central Steel Build on Facebook.
7 Clever Ideas for Horsey People
- Get a horse to take tablets from a syringe.
2. Cut a milk bottle into an all-purpose scoop for work around the barn.
3. Everybody struggles to get bell boots on. Use this trick to makes things a little easier.
4. Cool your horses down during warm weather with some giant ice cubes.
5. Use soap to stop your horse from chewing or cribbing.
6. Mark a length of your comb using a rubber band or hair tie for the perfect tail braiding.
7. Making clipping easier with some simple preparation.
Rare Golden Zebra
This incredible zebra has a rare condition called amelanosis and is unable to produce the pigment that gives most zebras their colour.
The result is a wonderful golden colour – and a completely unique zebra.
To find out how much an indoor arena costs in Australia, read our article.