A split tennis ball
This can prevent metal clips etc. from clinking against metal poles.
Vertical Jumping Pole Holder
This clever, simple design allows you to store your poles on a wall – and it looks great.
In-Built Stable Storage
An excellent use of space (and so useful to have storage between stables) – this is an excellent idea if you’re building.
A Collapsible Bucket
Simple. Clever. Easy to store & long lasting.
Recycled Plastic Barrel Step Up
It’s not the prettiest thing, but it gets the job done, it’s easy to make and you probably have the materials lying around.
Horse Shoe Flooring
Know someone with heaps of old shoes? If you lay them into your flooring, you can add a nice little touch to a washbay.
Cleaning up is usually about the big stuff. But a lint roller can come in handy too – it’s so easy to pick up stuff that is otherwise unmovable.
Zippable Foot Covering
Hand Made Feeder
Another clever use for an old plastic barrel. Just cut some access gaps in the bottom and fill the top with hay.
Retractable Feeding Bowl
This perfect little contraption allows you to refill feed or water without entering the stall. So much easier.
Very clever. For twilight trail rides, this strip of LED lights makes your horse visible to other riders and traffic.
Arena Railing Storage
What better way to make use of the space taken up by your kickrail? Wonderful.
Great for people teaching, this stirrup can be set to accommodate more than one leg length.
Nail-Less Horse Shoes
Wouldn’t we love to avoid nails if we could? Apparently, it’s possible – with these horse shoes that clip on firmly to your horses feet.
WATCH MORE: Horse brings his girlfriend fresh hay.
READ MORE: How much it costs to build an indoor arena.
The Top Ten New Stories in a Sentence
1. Rain affected towns in Victoria are holding council meetings to prepare for even more rain, with a band on the north east of the state set to hit again.
2. A review of lifestock farming has found that the biggest concerns for animal welfare are forcing premature births in dairy cows, docking heifers’ tails & mulesing sheep. They are looking to balance the benefits and risks of each.
3. A recent survey found that the 128,000 Australian farm businesses feed approximately 60 million people worldwide, including 24 million Australians. That a total of about 1% of the entire world being fed with Australian-farmed produce.
4. Contestants of the show Farmer Wants A Wife have said that the show ‘ruined their life’, with one farmer hospitalised after struggling to cope with the experience.
5. A bomb that went of in a rich New York neighbourhood, injuring 29 people, is being considered an ‘act of terror’ but has not been connected with ISIS.
6. Bourke, NSW has one of the highest rates of crime in Australia. To combat this problem, they are aiming to spend more money on community-building, rather than the prisons and correctional facilities that are most often employed to solve the problem.
7. The Port of Melbourne has been sold by the Victorian government for $9.7 billion – most of it will go towards improving public transport but $200 million will go to a rural jobs fund.
8. Calls have been made to ban the ATA 5-shot semi-automatic shotgun after a farmer suffered brain damage when his gun exploded sideways during routine shooting.
9. A Brisbane bug breeder is selling predator mites that kill smaller mites that damage strawberry crops and have an immunity to chemical pesticides.
10. A farmer in WA is using a drone that emits bird of prey noises from a speaker to scare birds away from his crops.
5 Shed-Like Homes to Inspire You
- 1. North Carolina Residence.
This stunningly simple home almost looks like an extended shipping container or carport. Resting on large concrete bricks in the forests of North Carolina, the simplicity of the building lends it grace & majesty. The large windows maximise the natural lighting, relying on the dense forest for privacy.
2. 2. London Garden Shed Studio.
This incredible & tiny space was converted from an old garden shed in London. To compensate for the lack of space, a bed is hidden beneath the floor boards. The space is used as an art and living space.
3. 3. Wyoming Barn.
This barn looks old and unassuming – in fact, it’s a recent build made from reclaimed wood. The modest external hides a very luxurious and detailed internal. It also makes fantastic use of its height with a large window onto an expansive panorama of the mountains.
4. 4. 9 Steps.
This beautiful building is tucked away at Mt Buffalo. (We’re biased because we helped build it. More on that here.) This simple structure is, in many ways, a shed. Made from steel with a straightforward layout, the building fits in wonderfully with its surrounds.
The place can be rented for those looking to try out the tree-change lifestyle.
5. 5. The Double Shed, Chile.
This interesting home is comprised of two large shed-like buildings linked by barn-style doors. It’s unique & memorable.
Ready to get a quote for your own liveable shed? Request a consultation here.