The average cost to build a hay shed is $58,401 (for an approximate size of 40m x 21m x 7m).
Small to medium hay sheds
This size range includes sheds ranging up to 18m x 15m. They are mostly used for private properties, hobby farms or vocational farming.
Cost range: $10,000 – $65,000
Medium hay sheds
Medium sized hay sheds are for larger quantities of hay. These include sheds usually used for medium-sized commercial farms, ranging up to 38m x 18m.
Cost range: $40,000 – $65,000
Medium to large hay sheds
These larger constructions have a wider range of sizes. They are generally large-scale, industrial hay sheds. This bracket of hay sheds sizes extends up to 63m x 30m.
Cost range: $70,000 – $150,000
HEAR FROM PREVIOUS FARM CLIENTS
Central Steel Build has been building quality hay sheds of a wide variety of sizes and specifications for over 45 years. Take a look at some of our past hay shed jobs below.
Hay and machinery shed
Large hay shed
Medium sized hay shed
The Largest Warehouse In Australia
The biggest industrial warehouse in Australia belongs to CEVA, the fourth largest logistics company in the world. This massive construction is half a kilometer long and equivalent to the size of eight MCG playing fields. The building sports 4000 square meters of rooftop solar panels, rainwater storage, smart movement-sensing lights that switch off and on automatically, all contributing to a 5 star green star rating.
Safety is also a priority of the site as technology such as advanced racking, traffic management and material handling systems are all used. The company is also trialing the installment of motion sensors in all forklifts that can detect anyone close to the forklift in tagged safety vests. The software can also shut down forklifts involved in an incident and tracks their movements, cargo weight, both vertically and horizontally to increase efficiency.
The industrial shed is located in western suburbs of Melbourne and acts as a staging, storage and distribution point a wide variety of different companies selling goods from shoes to automotive. The building is facilitated as the forefront of a continually changing logistics center, where smart building technology is used to handle all aspects of storage and distributions of goods.
10 horse facts you almost certainly didn’t know
- Horses have binocular and monocular vision, which means they can focus both eyes on one thing, or use both eyes independently.
- Horse can’t vomit. Their biology doesn’t allow it; the muscles that close off the stomach are too strong.
- The French word for horse, cheval, is the root of the English word chivalry. To be horse-like.
- Horses have 26 muscles in each ear.
- A small indent on a horse’s skin is called a ‘prophet’s thumb mark’ – and is considered good luck.
- The oldest horse on record lived to be 62 years old.
- A 1,100 year old carving of an enormous horse is set into the side of a mountain in Westbury, England.
- ‘Flehmen’ is the term given to the face horses make when sniffing out a new smell that makes them look like they’re laughing.
- The horse’s closest relative is the rhino.
- There are 58 million horses in the world today.