- You can’t be afraid of the power. You need to use it.
- I went in there and I thought – you know what, I can do this.
- You have to be brave as a rider. You have to see how far you can go.
- Every transition you ride at home has to be a good one.
- If you make a mistake, you’ve got to correct it straight away, not leave it until you’re half-way around the arena.
- I get fan mail every day and people telling me how I’ve inspired them to pick up riding – I think oh, poor husbands!
- You keep going, don’t you. You always want to do better.
- You always learn small things from each person, just by watching. Everybody does everything slightly different.
On hard work
- It’s all hard work and there’s no getting away with anything, I can promise you.
- Every horse is different. I love getting to work out a horse, its personality, the way it thinks, its sensitivity, everything!
On understanding a horse.
- Trying to figure out a horse is like a puzzle – bit by bit you build it up and its so rewarding when you get to that top level.
Retired Military Funeral Horse Looks for New Home
Quincy, a beautiful 11 year old quarter horse, was highly trained for a very specific role in the US military.
It was his job to pull the coffins of deceased soldiers.
There was no rider, Quincy, along with another horse, were trained to pull the coffin alone. The horses that performed this task were part of the Caisson Platoon.
But after a life of honourable service, he developed lameness in his front feet and had to retire.
He was known to be ‘loving and enthusiastic towards visitors and especially children,’ and there were concerns that Quincy would miss the work he had spent his life doing.
The vetting process was intense, with an expert level of knowledge in horse welfare required by the adopter.
Quincy has since found a new home and can live the rest of his days in leisure.
READ MORE: Why Are The Dressage Letters A K E H C M B F
Cost To Build Pig Shed
On average, a pig shed costs approximately $139,674 and covers an area of 84m x 12m.
To get an exact quote, contact us. For more detail on pig shed buildings costs, read below:
SMALL PIG SHEDS: $80,000 – $90,000
MEDIUM PIG SHEDS: $90,000 – $120,000