1. Rain affected towns in Victoria are holding council meetings to prepare for even more rain, with a band on the north east of the state set to hit again.
2. A review of lifestock farming has found that the biggest concerns for animal welfare are forcing premature births in dairy cows, docking heifers’ tails & mulesing sheep. They are looking to balance the benefits and risks of each.
3. A recent survey found that the 128,000 Australian farm businesses feed approximately 60 million people worldwide, including 24 million Australians. That a total of about 1% of the entire world being fed with Australian-farmed produce.
4. Contestants of the show Farmer Wants A Wife have said that the show ‘ruined their life’, with one farmer hospitalised after struggling to cope with the experience.
5. A bomb that went of in a rich New York neighbourhood, injuring 29 people, is being considered an ‘act of terror’ but has not been connected with ISIS.
6. Bourke, NSW has one of the highest rates of crime in Australia. To combat this problem, they are aiming to spend more money on community-building, rather than the prisons and correctional facilities that are most often employed to solve the problem.
7. The Port of Melbourne has been sold by the Victorian government for $9.7 billion – most of it will go towards improving public transport but $200 million will go to a rural jobs fund.
8. Calls have been made to ban the ATA 5-shot semi-automatic shotgun after a farmer suffered brain damage when his gun exploded sideways during routine shooting.
9. A Brisbane bug breeder is selling predator mites that kill smaller mites that damage strawberry crops and have an immunity to chemical pesticides.
10. A farmer in WA is using a drone that emits bird of prey noises from a speaker to scare birds away from his crops.
You Won’t Believe What These Blocks of Wood Become
An incredible artwork from chainsaw sculptor John Brady (check out more of his work here).
See four slabs of beautiful timber transform into something absolutely breath-taking.
Cost to Build A Car Wash or Truck Wash
Every shed we construct is custom to the clients needs, therefore the best way to answer this question is to get a quote for the structure you wish to build.
Below we will give you general estimates on what it costs to build a car wash or truck wash, based on jobs we have done in the past.
Small to Medium Car or Truck Wash
This range generally includes small truck wash bays, and covers any job between $15,000 and $30,000.
Medium Car or Truck Wash
This bracket covers projects between $30,000 and $40,000.
Large Car or Truck Wash
Large scale projects of this type usually range between $40,000 and $55,000.