- 1. Sheep at a second farm in North-West Victoria have died of anthrax, following similar occurrences on a Swan Hill farm. It has not yet spread to humans.
- 2. The majority of new farming debt is going towards expanding existing farms, sparking concerns that young farmers will find it difficult to break into the market.
- 3. Indoor farming is becoming increasing possible, with LED lighting costs dropping by 90 per cent and doubling their lifespan.
- 4. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that by the end of this financial year, Australian farm production will hit a record gross value of $63.8 billion.
- 5. Glencore Grain hosted a three day tour for a Japanese liquor company looking to improve commercial relations with Australian grain exporters.
- 6. Entrepreneur-billionaire Elon Musk has said that he would consider building a 100 megawatt solar electricity farm in South Australia in 100 days, prompting the SA Premier and Prime Minister to scramble to accept the offer.
- 7. A Chinese company has claimed they are soon to purchase Australia’s biggest avocado farm for $192 million. The farm itself, however, has refuted the claims, saying they are still arrange sale and are still considering Australian buyers.
- 8. Leftover brewer’s grain used by major beer manufacturers is being fed to cows to increase milk productivity, also saving dairy farmers money.
- 9. More than 87% of Queensland is officially in drought, with warnings that circumstances are likely to worsen before being alleviated.
- 10. A series of Australian-style butchers are gaining popularity in China, with four shops already open & 16 more in planning. The stores import and sell 100 tonnes of Australian beef a month.
5 Things Everyone Should Have In Their Shed
A shed is really all about how you use it. It should be more than just a place to park your cars; you took the time and spent the money to get it built, so why not make proper use of it?
We’ve put together a list of things that every shed should have
A first aid kit
Even if you have a first aid kit in the home, it’s a really good idea to have a spare in your shed. Little bits and pieces always go missing, so it’s good to have a back-up somewhere outside the house.
A tool kit
What kind of a shed would it be if you weren’t able to do handiwork in it? A proper tool kit means that your shed becomes a workshop.
A music player
We’re proud of the sheds that we build and we want people to spend as much time enjoying them as possible. A simple radio or music player will make the difference and get you whistling as you work on your own projects.
A work bench
A workshop is no good without a work bench. Whatever kind of work you do, set aside a bench and a chair so you can get things done.
Always consider the powerpoints. Where are you going to need them and where should they be positioned? If you’re going to be using a lot of power tools, think about where you’ll be doing most of your work so you can avoid long extension cords that get in the way.
To see some of our sheds, download our brochure at the top of our website.
Our 6 Most Popular Horse Articles
We like to keep our website fresh and interesting by sharing ideas that we find useful. Over the years, we’ve published quite a few articles.
Here are the 6 most popular articles from our website:
You can also download the sheet for printing.