$330k - $400k
On-site build time
Arena: 60m x 21m
Stables: 24m x 12m
Craig White Building Design
Maddern Plains equestrian complex
A private property located in Maddern Plains, New South Wales that's been turned into a high-end dressage horse training centre.
Our client approached us wanting to transform her property into a bespoke dressage training facility. She needed us to work with her to design her dream indoor arena and stable complex.
Our scope and build details
- Structural steel drawings, engineering certification and computations.
- Structural concrete engineering including slab design for stable building.
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Sliding door frames set up for clients' own timber cladding.
- Roller doors.
- Eave ventilation.
- Roof insulation to ensure internal comfort.
Challenges and solutions
Our design team worked with the client and her architect to ensure both buildings were designed economically whilst retaining custom aesthetical requirements.
We designed the stable barn with SHS columns at specified centres so the stable fit-out could be completed easily. The structure also allowed for ventilation via the eaves to ensure comfortable working conditions for humans and living conditions for horses.
UB rafters were used for a clean internal finish on the indoor dressage arena which also enabled the eave height to be kept minimal so the building didn't obscure neighboring property views.