Broadhangar Equestrian Park
Our client originally approached us to design, fabricate and construct an indoor dressage arena. After this was complete, our client’s vision for the property has evolved and he returned to us for a round yard cover and a machinery shed. The buildings needed to match in appearance but also have some contrasting design elements.
- Indoor dressage arena: $260K*
- Round yard cover: $95K*
- Machinery shed: $150K*
- Indoor dressage arena: 77m x 21m x 5m
- Round yard cover: 26m x 21m x 5m
- Machinery shed: 72m x 8m x 4m
Job site location:
- Riddells Creek, Victoria
- Civil engineer
- Third-party installer
Our scope and build details:
- 3D structural model.
- Fabricated hot-dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Guttering and downpipe system.
- Equinarail kickrail and gate system.
- Three different rooflines: gable, skillion, and curved roof.
- Roof safety mesh.
- Eave overhangs on round yard cover.
On-site build time:
- Indoor dressage arena: 8 weeks
- Round yard cover: 3 weeks
- Machinery shed: 2 weeks
*All prices are an indication only and are subject to change at any time due to steel prices. Prices also do not include site preparation or installation costs.
Challenges and solutions
Based on our client’s sketches for their property, he wanted to achieve uniformity on their three buildings whilst creating a distinctive feature among the structures. Through close collaboration during the design phase and the value-engineering process, we proposed three unique roof designs for each shed.
The indoor dressage arena showcases a gable roof design, the round yard cover features a curved roof with eave overhangs, and the machinery shed has a skillion roof with a custom cantilever canopy at the front. To achieve consistency within the property, all buildings were finished with the same classic cream cladding and manor red flashings.
Love what you see?
Get an obligation free quote today.