$500k - $550K
PROJECT BUILD TIME
Inbox Group office and warehouse
Inbox Group, custom printed cardboard boxes company located in Corio,Victoria.
Approached directly by the owner who was looking to develop a ‘cutting edge’ manufacturing facility for custom cardboard boxes, our brief was to incorporate a double story office, supporting 30% glazing across the front. The brief required us to incorporate a slab design that accommodated a waste drain for large printers. Requesting a ‘classy presence’ for the office façade without breaking the bank.
Our scope and build details
- Structural steel drawings, engineering certification and computations.
- Structural concrete engineering.
- 3D structural steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- External steel cladding.
- Industrial roller shutters and sliding doors.
- Industrial fire egress compliant access doors.
- Guttering and rainwater systems.
- Roof insulation.
- Customised office mezzanine floor.
- Enclosed lean-to.
- Parapet walls for office.
- Architectural bulkheads for office.
- Structural glazing support beams.
- Attached office complex packages including steel and roof.
Challenges and solutions
Our well considered design overcame some tricky details to construct the large external bulkheads on the offices whilst staying within the budget. We had to consider very specific slab details to accommodate internal waste drains ensuring the foundations were adequate, whilst considering the soil conditions from the report.
Adding in a last minute lean-to off the side of the warehouse, to accommodate some noisy printing machinery.
We also introduced the client to our associates MKM Constructions, entrusting expertise to project manage the development.
"CSB was recommended to us from a few sources and coincidentally when I was originally getting pricing, Central Steel Build were more competitive.
Central were very easy to deal with right though the design phase and engineering. Central recommended MKM in place of us doing owner builder. This was truly a great partnership. It felt like good collaboration from the beginning, seamless, with no issues. We felt quite comfortable the whole way through the process, nothing was pushed down our throats. One of the biggest highlight was lifting of the roof onto its peg legs. We certainly would build with Central again, we had no problems. The actual shed build went really smooth.”
- Garth Joyce, Inbox Group