Inverell Regional Livestock Exchange (IRLX) saleyards
RLX purchased the livestock venue in 2012 and immediately began plans to upgrade the facility by covering existing cattle selling pens to ensure better animal welfare and safer conditions for cattle buyers and stock agents. They contacted us for the design, fabrication, and installation of a custom yard cover to improve the usability of the cattle yards.
- 122m x 90m x 7m
On-site building time:
- 13 weeks
- RLX design team
- Geolyse Pty Ltd
- Regional Geotechnical Solutions
Our scope and build details:
- Structural steel drawings.
- Engineering certification.
- Engineering computations.
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Site survey and scan
- Roof cladding and capping.
- Overhead suspended storm water design and supply.
- Heavy duty downpipe covers.
- Solar panel roof loading allowance and design.
- Box gutters
Job site location:
- Inverell, New South Wales
*All prices are an indication only and are subject to change at any time due to industry steel prices. The prices also do not include erection or site preparation.
Challenges and solutions
We collaborated with the RLX design team to ensure that the new yard cover did not interfere with the use of existing cattle yard infrastructure. We needed to find a practical way to meet the requirement that all overhead storm water flow to a designated discharge point. Our engineer devised a solution that was appropriate for the situation.
The site levels varied by up to 5m across the yards. To ensure that we designed the yard cover correctly, we conducted an accurate site survey, which we translated into a site-specific 3D model to determine column lengths for the building.
Love what you see?
Get an obligation free quote today.