Irrewarra Sourdough Bakery combined tasting and brewery building
The bakery owners vision was to build a sourdough bakery production facility designed to harmonise with the rural landscape like a quintessential Australian shearing shed. The building needed to incorporate a bakery production area, dispatch area and glazed area for a future café.
- 80m x 22m and café area
- Lucas Stapleton Johnson
- Provincial Geotechnical
- Cool room panel providers
Job site location:
- Irrewarra, Victoria
Our scope and build details:
- Structural steel drawings, engineering certification and computations.
- Structural concrete engineering including slab design for office.
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Door and window trimmers.
- Shop drawings.
- Stairs (steel stringers and treads).
- Structural cool room panel loading design.
- Sisalation and roof safety mesh on roof.
- Raised roof over dispatch area.
- Roof and wall cladding.
*All prices are an indication only and are subject to change at any time due to industry steel prices. The prices also do not include erection or site preparation.
Challenges and solutions
There were substantial design features introduced to achieve the vintage Australian shearing shed style including a 25 degree roof, corrugated cladding and horizontal wall cladding. It was critical to ensure the working drawings and structural drawings married together without clashing to provide an easy and seamless onsite construction.
We worked with our client in designing the extra steelwork to accommodate the future cafe area including large glazed windows. A hip roof design was introduced to ensure the multiple rooflines were aesthetically pleasing.
Love what you see?
Get an obligation free quote today.