$600K - $700K
PROJECT BUILD TIME
Kane Transport, general freight & heavy haulage needs located in Mitchell Park, Victoria.
A commercial builder approached us with a brief. His client required a large logistics warehouse incorporating a wash-down area, workshop, outdoor undercover unloading/loading area, plus an office block with outdoor eating area. All with a 90m side to be built on a title boundary. The office is 40m x 10m while the warehouse is 90m x 40m x 7.5m, all together 3600m2.
Our scope + build details
- Structural steel drawings, engineering cert and computations
- Structural concrete engineering including raft slab design for office
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings
- Fabricated steel package HDG
- Purlins and girts
- External steel cladding (roof & wall)
- 920w industrial fire egress compliant access doors
- Guttering & above ground rainwater systems
- Roof insulation
- Customised storage mezzanine floor
- Parapet walls for office & front of warehouse
- Architectural bulkheads for office & outdoor area
- Attached office complex packages including steel & roof
- Cantilever canopy
Challenges + solutions
It was essential door openings on the main building, accommodate inbound and outbound freight movements. With a large unobstructed outdoor unloading area requirement achieved by installing a cantilever canopy which was shaped to look like an aeroplane wing with soffit lining to eliminate birds perching and nesting. Building on the boundary meant an economical 90/90/90 firewall required design and engineering. It was crucial the outdoor eating area plans accommodated an operable roof lourve system and box gutters whilst retaining a box look to match the architects drawings, hiding the operating mechanism.
Some large columns front of office were designed to accommodate and optimise internal storage cupboards. CAD file sharing between architect and structural draftsman eliminated several clashes between working drawings/structural drawings.
"I was so impressed with the work done by Central Steel Build that I have engaged them to build an agricultural shed on my private farm.”
- Paul Kane, Kane Transport