Torquay helicopter hangar and custom shed house
We needed to custom design a helicopter hangar incorporating a storage area and attached living quarters for overnight stays.
- 36m x 26m x 5.5m
On-site build time:
- Surfcoast Thermal performance
- Taylor Garwood Designs
- Soil Industries Pty Ltd
Our scope and build details:
- Structural steel drawings, engineering certification and computations for both hangar and attached habitable dwelling.
- Structural concrete engineering including raft slab design for office.
- 3D structural/shop steel drawings.
- Fabricated hot dipped galvanised steel package.
- Purlins and girts.
- Personal access doors.
- Sliding doors, outriggers, and sealed track system.
- Roof insulation.
- Openings for doors and windows.
Job site location:
*All prices are an indication only and are subject to change at any time due to industry steel prices. The prices also do not include erection or site preparation.
Challenges and solutions
This project required specific attention in the design stage to ensure the building was fit for purpose and the habitable quarters were practical and designed for comfort. We worked closely with the building designer to make sure all details were attended to and a seamless result was achieved.
A waffle slab design was required for the habitable dwelling which obligated special attention in the design stage.
Love what you see?
Get an obligation free quote today.