Queen Elizabeth II Still Horse Riding at 91
Queen Elizabeth II has always been a horse lover. She is pictured below on her beloved horse Betsy.
But what fewer people know is that Queen Elizabeth still rides at the age of 91. She is an excellent example of taking pleasure in horse riding – right through to her later years.
See the photos of Queen Elizabeth II on her horse below:
How to make hanging horse treats.
Hanging treats can be great for giving your horse something interesting and tasty to do when they’re stuck in a small barn.
This recipe is super easy and your horses will love it.
Ingredients: 1 cup of flour, 2 cups of molasses, 500 grams of grain, half a cup of raisins.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Mix together until the grain is even covered.
- Let the mixture stand for an hour so the moisture of the molasses soaks into the grain.
- Pack the mixture into trays or roll into firm bowls. Use a chopstick to poke a hole through treat.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool. You can now thread twine through the treat and hang them up.
Keep it interesting: If there’s a flavour you know your horse loves, add it to the mixture. Some grated apple or carrot will give your treat an extra hit of flavour.
To see some of the best Australian indoor arenas: download a brochure.